acrobat 9 - reopen last documents automatically

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by phased, Feb 26, 2013.

1. phased macrumors member

is there any way to achieve this in acrobat, just as it does in preview?

thanks!

2. phased thread starter macrumors member

and yes, i have the "close windows when quitting an application" unchecked in the general system preferences..

3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

If you have the Resume feature enabled, then it should work for all applications.
    OS X stores data in <user>/Library/Saved Application State, in subfolders based on the app's name, e.g. com.adobe.acrobat.

A common technique to turn off Resume is to Lock these folders.

You can create a brand new user account and see if the problem persists there. If not, then it's definitely a user setting in your old account. Go back and investigate other parts of the user Library folder.

4. phased thread starter macrumors member

hi ben and thanks.

yes, i do have the resume feature enabled (the "close windows when quitting an application" option is unchecked - see attached).

i can even see that acrobat is writing / updating files in the Saved Application State folder in Library (see attached). but upon reopening, i'm never greeted with the last open document/s. i've tried this many times - perhaps i'm missing something?

i've also moved the com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.savedState folder and upon using acrobat, it has regenerated this folder, but still no resume on documents when reopening. it appears to be working just fine in most if not all of my other apps.

any idea?

Attached Files:

5. phased thread starter macrumors member

i also just tried to do the same in the 'guest' account and the problem persists.. only for acrobat, not for preview..

6. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Weird. Are any other apps affected/unaffected?

And you're definitely sure you haven't used any of the techniques to try to rid yourself of Resume?

Supposedly, if resume is turned off, then you can enable it by holding down <alt> when you launch an app. Try that to Kick start Acrobat.

7. phased thread starter macrumors member

not that i can see, mate. alt didn't help out. i even tried downloading the new adobe reader (i'm running acrobat pro 9 point something) and the same thing - no cigar.. odd, weird, crazy.