Acrobat Pro 8 and Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bob5820, Nov 1, 2007.

1. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I just purchased a Fujitsu Scansnap 510M which includes a copy of Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. With it being reported that Acrobat 8 is one of the few Adobe products that requires an update under Leopard I was a little concerned. Adobe's site has this to say;
    "At this time, the only component of these CS3 editions that requires an update is Acrobat 8 Professional to address a few specific issues. That update is expected to be available in January 2008." Somewhere else in the FAQ the statement was made that Acrobat needs an update to be 'fully functional' I guess I should be comforted by the phrase "a few specific issues". Given that I guess I'll go and install Acrobat 8 and hope for the best, after all reader still seems to work. It is somewhat puzzling that its going to take Adobe 2 months to fix "a few specific issues". Anyone have any idea exactly what these issues are?

2. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

yeah man, we are all waiting on adobe for lots of things. why apple let themselves get into this is beyond me. there should have been better coordination between the two super powers considering the user base.

i am having a mission-critical pdf issue in tiger, so i would not worry, nothing is perfect in this landscape. if all u need is a reader, no problems. i would just go with it until something breaks and then post the issue...

3. chatoyer macrumors regular

Thought I read somewhere it had to do with printing to a .pdf - i.e., the distiller. I've used 8.1.1 with Leopard a few times to put together a pdf from multiple pdfs and it seemed fine.