Acrobat Pro 9 spinning beach ball

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by msbenner, Oct 5, 2010.

1. msbenner macrumors newbie

When moving check boxes in Acrobat Pro 9, the spinning beach ball comes up and stays up for 10 minutes. Not sure if this is a snow leopard issue or cs4. Computer is new.

Running x.6, unibody macbook pro.

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I'd bet money its an Adobe issue.

Adobe Acrobat is complete shitware and anyone who says otherwise never worked in IT.

The last job I worked at, our company purchased Acrobat 8 shortly before 9 came out. Not only did some machines it not even work on, but it would constantly crash, go corrupt, or screw up things it shouldn't even be touching (outlook, internet explorer, MS Office). After months back and forth with Adobe (and seeing online that we were not even close to the only ones with problems) Adobe's only solution was to "Upgrade to Acrobat 9". We had abour 50,000 computers that would have needed the upgrade immediately and it would have been all at our companies expense.

Sorry for the rant but I get angry when I hear adobe.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Try this, first make sure there are no updates. Adobe Updater is goofy sometimes and wont update everything in the first shot.

If not, uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat but you have to do it through the CS4 uninstaller. Whatever you do don't try and do it through app cleaner or one of those other programs it will screw it up.

4. msbenner thread starter macrumors newbie

Applying the software updates to Acrobat Pro solved the problem! Thank you.