Acrobat Pro X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IGregory, Apr 23, 2013.

1. IGregory, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013

IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

I am using a rMBP running OS X 10.8.3. When I attempt to print a PDF from Acrobat X Pro for Mac, I receive this error message "Error While Printing". The PDF engine fails to launch. This problem just suddenly appeared yesterday.

Two questions - has anyone using Acrobat experienced this issued? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Related, does anyone know how to deactivate Acrobat on a Mac? I'm thinking absent a solution, I want to uninstall then reinstall Acrobat but want to deactivate it first to avoid any licensing issues.

UPDATE: Not sure if this is related but I just discovered that on my desktop I have two folders and four files. When I try to delete them or change the file or folder name Mac asks for my login password. After entering the password I still can can't delete nor rename. However, when I go into finder and select a folder or file at random, I can delete and change the name - weird.

Thanks

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is no licensing issue. An application reinstallation uses the existing license. Licensing is only an issue if you want to change the personalization/registration/activation of the application.

3. IGregory thread starter macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Resolved

Thanks MisterMe - It ended up being something really stupid. I signed up for a One-to-One this morning and went in to the ATL Apple Store this afternoon. I figured I might as well use my One-to-One that I purchased. Anyway, one of my PDF folders on the Desktop was locked. That prevented Acrobat from creating any PDF files. It also prevented my being able to change the name, delete or move any file or folder on the Desktop.

I don't know how the folder became locked because I did not do anything on purpose to lock it. I'm the only one using my computer so there is no reason to lock a file or folder.