Across the range MacPro changes?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by neillyd, Nov 17, 2007.

1. neillyd macrumors newbie

Point #1: We will be buying a mac pro soon (although we are prepared to wait for the 'rumoured' upgrade - MacWorld?)

Point #2: We have a large amount of vouchers, generously donated from our wedding guests, currently held with John Lewis (UK Department store, well known for selling Macs)

Point #3: We were going to go for the 2.66GHz Dual-core model - the one that coincidentally John Lewis stock. Then we heard of the imminent upgrades, and thought it only sensible to wait.

My question is …is the general opinion that all the models will be upgraded ie. processors, HD, video cards etc.? Our worry is that we are waiting for the mid-range model (in the UK, approx £1700) to be updated, only to find that it's just the top end models. We're very tempted to just sign up for the current 2.66 model and be done with it - also it may take awhile for the store to change their stock! Does anyone in the UK have any experience of John Lewis?

Many Thanks (a newly wed with a strong itch for an MP!)

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Considering there is only one MacPro model. It will be all MacPros that will be upgraded.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

John Lewis can be slow to get stock in after an update and supply can be limited at first. If any announcement comes and it's possible to reserve an item, then do so.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Definitely wait - the video card change alone will be worth it, since the current offerings are completely obsolete. And as yippy said, they'll all change.

But... Spending your wedding vouchers on a Mac :confused:

5. neillyd thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, yeah we know, but having both spent 10 years each working on decent Macs at work - my wife and I, wanted to spoil ourselves on the one extravagance we both fancied having at home. Any homework (and increasing freelance work) will benefit from this workhorse beauty!

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There is such a thing? :eek: :p

I see. Enjoy your Pro.