Acrylic ACD or Alu. ACD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by supercooled, Mar 27, 2010.

1. supercooled macrumors 6502a

Just killing some time this morning and thought I'd see what people are selling on this fine Saturday. Came across someone who's selling 23" acrylic ACD and 23" alu. versions. Was there any significant difference between the panels? It won't be used for gaming or fast motion, with the exception of possibly watching some videos so hopefully it won't lag too bad?

I always liked the design and feel like I wouldn't be a true Mac head if I didn't own a piece of Mac history.

Any opinions?

2. TSE macrumors 68030

I currently use a 20" Acrylic Apple ACD as my full time monitor for my Windows PC... it is better than my brother's 2 year old 22" Samsung monitor...

They both have IPS panels, but the form factor and age of the monitor would be in the aluminum's favor... I am not a monitor expert so I don't know many more differences between the two but if you can get them both at the same price the aluminum would be better.

3. supercooled thread starter macrumors 6502a

What would be a reasonable asking price? They're selling the acrylic for $400 and $450, respectively.

I think the acrylic should be no more than $250-$300.

4. TSE macrumors 68030

If it comes with a ADC to DVI connector, that is the average price unfortunately... Make sure you get the ADC to DVI connector unless you have a Mac that has a ADC connection. Acrylic monitors are pretty exclusive...