Action Movie FX app crashing on the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

I just got my iPhone 5, and restored my stuff onto it. I played around with the phone, and then opened the Action Movie FX app. I noticed that there were more FX for sale, so I opened the "store" and bought one. It downloaded, and then I went to buy another one. This time, when I opened the store, the page with the store on it opened about halfway, and then the app crashed. I tried reinstalling the app, and restoring the device, and nothing works. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

have you asked Andrew Kramer on videocopilot.net?

he is a close friend of JJ Abrams

or maybe you should just report a big on the official page of the App

3. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I did it.

4. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone else have this problem? The store opened once when I first set up the phone, but now trying to open it just crashes the app. I tried installing the app on my old iPhone, and it works fine when I try to open the store. This is really frustrating.

5. jimmy575 macrumors member

When you restored, did you restore from you backup? If you did, you did absolutely nothing, and could have brought your problem back with the backup.

If this is what you did, I would try restoring as new, that would probably fix the issue.

I am not responsible for what you may lose (in-app purchases, etc) but I am fairly confident this would fix it.

If you are uncomfortable with these steps, contact Apple.

6. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll try that now.

7. Silver Box macrumors member

Same problem, dont want to restore my phone as new because i dont want to lose my text messages. Really the onus should be on the developer fixing their app.

8. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I ended up having to restore it and put everything back by hand. This fixed it. Sorry.

9. Silver Box macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up, i feared i may to do this. Appears we're not the only ones to have that issue from a few recent app reviews.

10. giannis macrumors newbie

pls help..

this app crushes and now my ipad dont open.. :( .. maybe someone can help me ?

11. Mikg1234 macrumors newbie

I fixed that crash by downgrading action movie to version 2.6.Also for downgrading apps u need jail broken device

12. andrew20014 macrumors newbie

EXACT SAME PROBLEM! (iPhone 5c) I downloaded the app, played around a bit, decided to buy an fx, went back on the app and it started opening the page with all the fx's and then halfway through it crashed! I tried restarting app, switching phone off and back on. I even reflow loaded the app! But the exact same thing kept happening! I emailed the company but they just said to look for updates, and I have been for 6 months! Plz help!