Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alinux

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
hello
a friend of mine gave me 2 iphone 4s,both dont have icloud and are clean just need to be activated
i insert a sim and up at the corner it gets signal with 3g but when i try to activate using wifi or celular data
i get "Sim not supported the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not currently by the activation server. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. please contact apple for more information."

if its sim locked why do i get 3g and it can use cellular data ?
or it requires an older sim ? id like to know please

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Contact the carrier your requesting support for. Apple would not likely be able to answer those questions.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
hello
a friend of mine gave me 2 iphone 4s,both dont have icloud and are clean just need to be activated
i insert a sim and up at the corner it gets signal with 3g but when i try to activate using wifi or celular data
i get "Sim not supported the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not currently by the activation server. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. please contact apple for more information."

if its sim locked why do i get 3g and it can use cellular data ?
or it requires an older sim ? id like to know please
It's just showing the symbol for 3G. Not that's able to use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.