Activate 2 sims on same ipad?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rujoesmith, Dec 26, 2010.

1. rujoesmith macrumors newbie

Im trying to get a data only plan on my iphone and i have a buddy with an ipad 3g who's willing to let me use his imei to activate my sim. Will there be any problems having two separate plans activated from the same ipad? thanks :D

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Won't work. When you put that sim into the phone, ATT will detect that you are now using an iphone and will change the plan accordingly.

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

No idea but I'm subbed for the results :D

I take it the loophole is closed now? Used to be a way to set it up without the iPad.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I haven't heard one report of that, anyway they can't just change your iPad plan to something with a phone. I will let you know when/if I run into trouble with this.

Now using an iPhone sim in an iPad apparently gets your data shut off.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

The ipad plan is for use on a ipad. If you are using an iphone instead, they have every right to change your current plan. The only plan ATT won't change is GO Phone plans. You are not the first one to think of trying this. Be my guess, try all you want.

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I am, about three weeks now. The iPad plan is an auto renewing month to month plan, I think just like the go phones. Cancel any time.

I don't doubt that they can turn it off and ban me but they haven't. Turning it into a phone contract isn't going to happen though. I'm waiting for them to complain frankly so I have this unlock here waiting.

7. rujoesmith thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, thats what i was doing before but the loophole was closed and i was cut off, u now need a real ipad imei, all i really needed to know is if you could activate a second sim from the same ipad without disabling both plans

8. rujoesmith thread starter macrumors newbie

i was using it before but i was cut off on 6/1 because i was on an ipad plan with a nokia imei number. You now need an official ipad imei. I realize they have the right to change my plan but i doubt that will actually happen. All i rly need to know is if i can activate a second sim from an ipad

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Try it worse then you will know 100% I would say more people will know in the Ipad hack section. some of us here don't own a Ipad! ;)

never mind I see you already did. next time ask that this thread be moved this forum frowns on users making duplicate threads!

10. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

I have been doing this for three months now and haven't had any issues. Max is right, it is only iphone plans used on ipads that encounter problems. As for having to activate the plan through an ipad, that is true. But the poster has access to an ipad to activate the plan so it would work if an ipad can have multiple plans activated simultaneously.