Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
I hope I post this one right. I want to activate an iPhone 2 but iTunes don't recognize it and the phone says that I need to connect it to iTunes. Any ideas? I have installed iTunes 7.5.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
OK, it's the first version of iPhone. It was called iPhone when it was released and then iPhone 2G when the 3 came.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Yes. And now I have a newer cabel and now iTunes finds it but it says it won't support the sim that I have in it. Not sure why. It dosn't have a pin.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
It is. It's the kind of card that you put Money in. Not one that you pay a monthley fee for. Not sure what the English term for it is since I live in Sweden.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
What's the history on the phone? Did it use to work for you, using the same service? Could it be locked to a particular provider?

C

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It might be. But I only want to activate it not use it to make calls with. I have tried this video http://ihelpcorner.com/hacktivateiphoneHD

But when I try to Fireware (iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw) Redsnow just say that it's not supported.

Its been over 5 years since I last did it but if I remember correct you have to point redsnow to the 3.1.2 ipsw instead.
And then the rest will work and you can go on with hactivating and unlocking it using redsnow.
You can find any .ipsw here:
https://ipsw.me/

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
I found a way to get it unlocked. Now I just have to downgrade it to IOS 1.0 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.