Activate "Books" in Automatic Downloads on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by benhollberg, Jun 6, 2011.

1. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Can anyone activate the "Books" section of Automatic Downloads on an iPad 2? I out the slider to on but it just goes back off after a second or two.

2. robnbill macrumors member

I am having the same issue on my iPad2 - neither it unes, apps or books will stay On. My partners iPad2 works fine. I'm going to try a restore this evening and see if that fixes it.

3. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

That's odd, everything works for me except books.

4. robnbill macrumors member

I simply signed out and signed back in -- the three sliders now work.

5. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I don't like using auto activate at all. Don't turn it on and load only what you want, when you need it. Same goes with the music. If you activate you risk the downloads knocking out what you already have on your machine.

6. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Just did the same thing, it works fine now.

Explain more, I don't think I follow.

7. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I think he's saying if you accidentally delete something on your iPhone, you now have no chance to save it from being deleted from your iPad. Kinda like email across devices

8. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Oh serious, I didn't know that deleting something also updates on other devices. So if I download an app on my iPhone it loads my iPad automatically also. But the app isn't iPad optimized so I deleted from my iPad, it will delete from my iPhone at the same time?

9. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I only do this for books, and I tried the cloud functionality for the first time last night. Bought a book on my iPhone 4, checked my iPad 2 this morning and the book was there. Not sure how the deleting part works, but I don't tend to delete books since they take up very little room anyway.

I don't want my music on the iPad, because I don't need it there, nor do I want to mirror all my apps. I use the phone and the tablet for completely different things, the only exception being my phone for spontaneous reading sessions where I don't have the iPad handy.

10. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Strange. I bought a book on my iPad and it did *not* get iCloud-ed to my iPhone! (yes everything is enabled, etc.)