Carrier activate iphone 5 with vzw sim from note 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by einmusiker, Aug 1, 2014.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Hello. I have a micro sim activated in my note 3 that I cut down to nano so I could activate a used iphone 5 I got from my brother. I know the nano sim still works because after popping it into my note 3 with a micro sim adapter it works great full 4G lte. But when I pop it into the iPhone I am getting a no sim card message? Do I have to bring it to verizon to activate it? In the past phones have always just worked when putting in a new sim is the iPhone 5 different somehow? Thanks

----------

BTW the phone is unlocked if that matters

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

You still need to activate it via Verizon. Installing the SIM doesn't complete it. Basically you can download the My Verizon app via wifi and do it through there, call 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or other working phone, or go to a Verizon Store. http://m.wikihow.com/Activate-a-Replacement-Verizon-Wireless-Phone

3. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

After some Google searching and experimentation it looks like there are major problems with the sim cards in iphone 5 phones. This is disappointing. I think my only option is bringing it to an apple store and hoping they can fix it

4. cnotes2019 Suspended

I have no issues swapping sims between my iphone 5,5s, note 3, note 2 and m8. I don't see why you should be having the issue. With the lte phones it's just a matter of swapping sims. No need to call anyone to activate. Maybe try restarting phone or network reset. Does the sim work in any outer phone you may have besides the note 3?

5. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

yep, works in my note 2 and thunderbolt. seems to be a hardware issue with i5