iPhone activate lock iphone (5s) with software or .. ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aminnazifi, Sep 12, 2014.

1. aminnazifi macrumors newbie

hi

i have locked iphone (O2 oprator) . now i don`t have O2 sim and i want to activate it. how can i do it ? can i do it with software or something ?

help please

thanks

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

No, you can't. You would need an O2 SIM card or get it IMEI unlocked and then any SIM card would work

3. aminnazifi thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it's activation locked with iCloud no sim or any software hack will bypass that.
    Phones with iCloud lock are useless.

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I think he's talking about service not iCloud bypass

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not 100% on that. He did say "activate lock iphone" so I figured I'll throw it out there in case he was talking about icloud locked iphone.

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

We do get a ton of those lol

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, and its always newbie members:D

9. chris2276 macrumors newbie

Iphone 5c locked to sprint usa have no sim

I bought a IPhone 5c ios 7.1.2 cheap here in Austria but ist from USA SPrint Carrier und i have no sim to activate it.
    Is there in the world a Hackactivation for my Device ?
    It is possible when i on ios 7.0.4 than ican Jailbrake it with Redsnow and can it Activate it in the Setup ?
    I looked in the Web and found a Way that is possible to Change my Firmware 7.1.2 to 7.0.4 with a Root Filesystem Trick. I must chanche in a File deep in Root with change the Firmware Version in the File and so is the Firmware official 7.0.4 and ist possible to Jailbrake and Activete the IPhone.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    And i see Videos they Hack The Iphones Root Flsytem to unlock it for all carriers. Is this possible ?

10. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

you really are ready to pounce..

11. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

First thing I'm gonna say is there is a reason it was cheap. Because it's gonna be hard for you to use it.

Second - You can't downgrade it from 7.1.2. If it's jailbroken you can change systemversion.plist to show 7.0.4 in Settings->General->About. But that doesn't change what iOS you are on. All it does is change it there. That's the trick you are referring to. But the trick doesn't actually change the version.

What you can do is call Sprint...

----------

Probably because it gets annoying when all those threads are created as a member's first post.

12. eyoungren, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

chronicunlocks.com offers an international unlock for Sprint iPhones. It's $159.00 and there's a backlog.

It's useless for Sprint USA customers, but may be the out you need. Who knows.

Barring that though, the only way to get an international unlock on a Sprint phone is to become a customer for 90 days and pay your bill on time.

There's a reason Sprint phones go for cheap.

As has been suggested you may have some luck calling Sprint. With the new CEO they seem to be bending their policies a bit more.