Activate or no-activate difference

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Killerbee, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Killerbee macrumors newbie

This post kinda refers to the post HERE.

I'm wanting to buy an iPhone off of Ebay. I'm just kinda wondering if i should be a activated, or unactivated iPhone.

Please do not get this confused with locked or unlocked, as they are 2 different things. Though, i'm sure people here know that. ;) (locked and unlocked refer to jailbroken or not right?)

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

with the high probability of one being announced tomorrow, wait a few more hours

not sure what you mean because it doesn't actually make sense, but an unactivated phone cannot be used at all, except to call 911 or other emergency numbers

nope. locked/unlocked means whether the phone can be used only on at&t (or other networks depending on country). and unlocked iphone can be used with any gsm network

and a jailbroken phone is jailbroken, thats the only term used to describe it

3. Killerbee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'm glad ive gotten all my facts straight now. I'll wait it out a couple days.:cool:

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

these are the times for tomorrow:
    07:00AM - Hawaii
    10:00AM - Pacific
    11:00AM - Mountain
    12:00PM - Central
    01:00PM - Eastern
    05:00PM - GMT
    06:00PM - London
    07:00PM - Paris
    02:00AM - Tokyo (June 10th)

5. Killerbee thread starter macrumors newbie

OK. So now we've seen the new 3g iphone. Which is better to get? I guess its all up to you, since the 3g iphone has down sides and up sides.

:mad:Something i don't like is that plastic back. Does that mean 1 drop and its shattered or what? I really don't know. Must have to wait for a YouTube drop test.

:)Something that i do like is that half price ordeal.