Activate sound / ringtone when connecting headset?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Phat^Trance, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

i wonder if its possible to activate the sound / ringtones on the iphone 3gs while the headset is connected to the phone? cause when i connect the headset all call / sms ringtones etc will go trough the headset and its impossible to hear when you dont have them on.

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

When I was at a press party during CES (I write for iPhone Life Magazine), I visited ZOMM. They make a neat keychain that acts as a BT speaker and Caller ID device. http://www.ZOMM.com

I actually own a competing device, which I purchase via AliBaba.com, from China. It is a bracelet Caller ID device (no speakerphone). Unfortunately with that, you could only pair the iPhone with one device at a time, and that meant you could not use a BT headset. I believe the ZOMM will have the same issue (really it's the iPhone) but at least it is also functional as a speakerphone, not just a 'notifier'.

3. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

that wont work since im using the BTstack keyboard and it deactivated the apples default bluetooth, so that why im bounded with the handsfree thats included with the iphone. And when i have that one connected to the iphone i wont hear any sound at all from the iphone since everything goes to the headset.

any jailbreak solution?

4. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

The iPad supports a BT keyboard, so folks are betting that such support will find its way into the iPhone too...

5. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

just checking if theres any solution yet to get the ringtone / sound from the speakers when connecting the default handsfree to the iPhone? im missing a lot of calls / sms due to this and its really getting annoying!