Activate?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Nov 29, 2007.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I recently got a copy of leopard single user. I installed it on my machine. Without realizing it, my brother installed the same copy on his computer, but it allowed him. Are we going to run into any troubles? I thought that since it is already installed on one computer, it will not let you install it on any others? Or is the single use the exact same as family pack, but with a family pack you are legally allowed to install on more than one computer?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

It can physically be installed on infinite Macs, but its against Apple's EULA...

3. glennyboiwpg macrumors 6502

ha ha ha... remember... who build leopard... Apple. Not microsoft. Its not going to go into "reduced crap mode" Its not going to report to the mother ship... apple doesn't do those sort of things.... not on their personal home products anyway.

Unlike microsoft... I had to play techie at work for a bit, had to install office on a xp machine... I swear I put that dammed code in like 5 times before it would go out of reduced functionality mode.

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Well what did you expect from the dark side, hummmmm ???
    Surely you didn't think it just work right the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th times, did you :D :rolleyes: ;)