Activated 2g iPhone Unlimited Data Plan - MMS Not Working/Plan Confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnMKeynes, Aug 5, 2010.

1. JohnMKeynes macrumors member

Hey received my iPhone 4 yesterday. I activated the mini-sim with my iPhone 2g and chose the unlimited data plan for $20. I then quickly put the mini-sim card into my iPhone 4.

However I'm a little confused with the data plan I actually have. On my AT&T online account page it shows:

[​IMG]

It shows that I have 1500 TXT however here it shows different.

[​IMG]

Also my MMS is now working. I can't send MMS and when someone sent me a MMS(T-Mobile) it forwarded me to a website with a login and password.

So first and foremost do I have 200 or 1500 TXT? Also is there a way to fix the MMS?

2. JohnMKeynes thread starter macrumors member

Double post.

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Also just noticed it doesn't recognize the iPhone. Another thing too is when clicking to upgrade my phone line it still showed as though I was eligible for an upgrade. It showed I could get another iPhone at the subsidized price.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not call AT&T over the confusion and issues with MMS :confused:

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

MMS will not work on the original iPhone data plan. AT&Ts system should automatically switch you over to the $30 data plan and charge you a seperate charge for the 1500 SMS/MMS plan automatically soon since you are using that sim in am iPhone 4.

MMS won't work until then. This is because that original iPhone was not configured to send MMS so it was never enabled on that data plan.