Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGroupie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Today when i turned on my iPhone: USB arrow pointing to iTunes graphic then "Emergency Message" SOS in every language imaginable appeared. I didn't know what to do. I thought an emergency call was coming, so i plugged my phone into itunes and an "ihone is now activated" message came up.

Any ideas out there if this issue will be addressed by Apple and should we have any concerns (i.e. hardrive failures, potenital virus, etc.)?

MacGroupie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
What you are describing is not an issue. It is the screen of an unactivated iPhone. You must connect to iTunes to activate the iPhone.

David

it is an issue because i got my 3G iphone from an AT&T store and its been activated since Dec. been makin calls and texting etc, then all of the sudden that "emergency" page comes up, for no reason. Ive shut down my phone and restarted it a few times now and ive NEVER had that screen come up before.

Im thinking its either a bug with the 2.2.1 update OR a crappy App i downloaded, but i just wanted to be sure.

DPA

macrumors 65816
it is an issue because i got my 3G iphone from an AT&T store and its been activated since Dec. been makin calls and texting etc, then all of the sudden that "emergency" page comes up, for no reason. Ive shut down my phone and restarted it a few times now and ive NEVER had that screen come up before.

Im thinking its either a bug with the 2.2.1 update OR a crappy App i downloaded, but i just wanted to be sure.

Oh, sorry about that. Very occasionally this happens. My mom, dad and I all have iPhones (two 2G's and I have a 3G) and this has only happened once to my mom's 2G running iPhone OS v2.1 at the time. We have had 2G's since July last year and I upgraded mine on Launch Day, July 11th, so it is a VERY occasional issue. I don't see it happen that much and it is not widely discussed here, unlike other issues.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.