Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
If you unlock, artificially activate and jailbreak your iphone, will you be able to download and install applications just like a regular iphone?

lv99

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
If you unlock, artificially activate and jailbreak your iphone, will you be able to download and install applications just like a regular iphone?

yes, from itunes store only. unless you replace the MobileInstallation then you can install APPS or games without need for buy and download from itunes. just drop the apps into application folder in itunes and sync to copy the apps you want to install to iphone. you also need to get at least 1 apps from itunes store for installed apps to work correctly

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
After you jailbreak and all that and start getting IPA apps on your phone, can you still download apps and updates from the appstore? Also, will updates for cracked apps still be able to work when downloaded from the appstore?

Thanks

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Okay, I am really sorry, but could you say that again? I have pwned my first generation iphone and I have installer and cydia on there. When I download free apps from the itunes store it gives me an error when syncing that says something like I am not authorized to be doing that. It seems silly since the programs are free. I'm not sure how I can just drop apps into the applications folder in itunes since I use itunes to download the app, so it should all be done internally right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.