ActivateMMS2G and AT&T's penalty fee

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Delpheno, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Delpheno macrumors member

So I have AT&T's text plan. Around $5-6 for 200 messages.

If I have the text plan and use ActivateMMS2G on my iPhone 2G, and start sending MMS, will there be a penalty for using this feature? I bought my iPhone off of eBay and unlocked/jailbroke it so I didn't have to activate it. I don't have any data plan.

Thank you.

2. Bodah macrumors regular

I don't know if it applies here or not, but I was using Swirly for MMS, and AT&T was charging me $0.30 for each message.
    I have the standard 1500 message plan.

3. conguy143 macrumors newbie

Hi
    i had installed activatemms2g using cydia., after installing it i am not able to swtich oon the phone.. when i try to use the restart button i get only the apple symbol, please help me with this issue waiting for u r reply... please..

4. egk69 macrumors 6502

yep! that happend to me HAHAHA!
    RESTORE was the only way to make it turn on again! :D

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The 200 messages (both incoming & outgoing count toward total) for $5 is same as I have.

If you send & receive more than 200 total, you will pay for each message over 200, but I have no idea how much per message.

If you don't have a data plan, either get one or have the data functions of your phone disabled, or AT&T can lock out data transfer from their end.

6. conguy143 macrumors newbie

ohhh okie.. tht should be fine i guess , its just tht i dont have the data backup... :(

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

There should be a back up from when you installed 3.0, at least.

8. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

I would recommend switching to a media net plan, it worked for me when I had swirly, yes I lost Visual Voice mail but I didn't get charged extra or anything