ActivateMMS2G and AT&T's penalty fee

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Delpheno, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Delpheno macrumors member

Hey I posted this on the iPhone hacks, but I'm not asking about the hack, I'm asking about the fees and penalties when you do send MMS though the iPhone 2G.

So I have AT&T's text plan. Around $5-6 for 200 messages.

If I have the text plan and use ActivateMMS2G on my iPhone 2G, and start sending MMS, will there be a penalty for using this feature? I bought my iPhone off of eBay and unlocked/jailbroke it so I didn't have to activate it. I don't have any data plan.

Thank you.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As far as I know, there are no penalties, just that a MMS costs $0.30 per message.

3. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Idk, but I seriously suggest avoiding that. I downloaded it and then my iPhone turned into an iBrick. Took 3 hours to get it back to normal. A lot of ppl had the same problem. Just wail for 3.1.

4. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

Alot of people tried it and tried it on the wrong phone. It's for 2g. It works perfectly for that model.

5. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Does the app send through data or as actual mms? I would think it'd have to send through data, but i'm not sure. If it is sending through data, then you are going to have data charges! If it is sending through real mms, then they will just be deducted from your normal messages plan.

Edit: I looked up the app on google, and it sounds like it does send through real MMS.