Activating 1.1.1 with no sim, cannot jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by one1, Feb 9, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I bought a brand new 1.1.3 phone three weeks ago. I restored it to 1.1.1 and now I am stuck at activation.

I do not have a sim so I cannot do the dialpad trick.

I was hoping to take it to 1.0.2 and use paycay and ibrickr, but I don't think my baseband will allow it. I tried to do it anyway since I have been doing this for 4 hours and I'm frustrated as hell. It stuck on "waiting for iphone". I even downloaded 7.4.2.4 itunes since it has been known to help with resore issues. I never expected it to work, and I wasn't dissapointed..... it didn't. Just sat there at waiting for iphone when trying to stick 1.0.2 on it.

Back in the day I was jailbreaking 1.0.2 phones easily, but I can't use ibrickr with 1.1.1 and I cannot use the 1.1.1 paycay because I cannot get the damn thing past the activation screen to jail break it.

My situation:

no sim
    not jailbroken
    stuck on activate screen

4 hours into a very large headache and I just want to activate so I can get rocking.

How?

2. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

what did you do with the SIM that came with the phone? Put that back in and you should be fine. The usual tricks should then work to allow you to add jailbreakme.com

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

Well perhaps there is a way to access the phone over a cable, but I have never heard of any method. Without some way to write files to the phone, you are likely stuck until you get a SIM of some kind.

5. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

I can write through the phone with iDemocracy via USB.

6. Sedulous macrumors 68020

Sedulous

Well, beats me. Have you tried the new Ziphone activator/jailbreak/unlock software? Maybe you can restore in iTunes and then use that?

7. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

I finally got my SIM. Had to wait on it and was trying to get cracking without it.

Done now. :) Here's a vid of a 3 week old 1.1.3 OTB phone running wide open on OTB 1.1.3 but with no limitations :)

Little wiggly icons and all :D

[​IMG]