Activating 4S with iTunes account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fryday444, Oct 14, 2011.

1. fryday444 macrumors member

So, I bought the new 4S for my fiance as a surprise. I want to have it activated before she gets home and hide it under her pillow (I'm gonna call it and watch her freak out :p). The problem is, she takes her computer to work, so I have to activate it on my computer. If I activate it under my iTunes account, how will it work when she wants to use it with hers?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

You can activate it without connecting it to any computer.

You may want to wait until she's home though. You will need to put in an iTunes account to set it up. She will receive emails about her new iPhone 4S if you use her account info, and you don't want to use your account info if it's her phone.

If you really want to do the funny surprise phone call, you can use your account for basic initial activation, but then she will have to restore the phone and put her account info in instead.

3. fryday444 thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved...I figured out her password :p

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Haha nice. That'll work. But again, remember, once it's activated, she will start receiving emails like "How to get the most out of your new iPhone."

5. fryday444 thread starter macrumors member

That's fine, confuse the hell out of her 3:]

----------

Also, how to I activate the phone? Does it walk me through it after powering it on?