Activating a new Verizon Device Only 5S on T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeerdedOne, Nov 10, 2013.

1. BeerdedOne macrumors member

Can anyone give me a few tips before I attempt this?

I have a "device only" Verizon 5S purchased fom an Apple retail store. I have a nano SIM purchased separately from a T-Mobile retail store.

Is it just a matter of inserting the nano SIM into the iPhone's SIM card slot and connecting to iTunes? I'm just looking to establish a brand new T-Mobile account for this phone. I'm planning on purchasing their 2.5GB $60 plan. Thanks!

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

edit, actually IDK. Sorry.

I know with AT&T, you can bring in any phone as long as it works with their network and they will let you choose a plan.

3. Akack, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

Akack macrumors 6502a

I have a verizon 5s that I purchased device only and using it on TMobile.

As long as the t mobile sim is active, just plug the nano sim and you're good to go. No need to go through iTunes since A Verizon 5s is unlocked for any GSM carrier.

If sim not active then you need to go to the t mobile store to open accnt. I'm pretty sure you can get that done by phone as well......

4. Greg M macrumors 6502

I don't know if you're anywhere near me (NC) or what 5s you have but I have a T-Mobile 5s that's getting unlocked by them today and the 5s that I want is a Verizon 5s so that I can use it on Straight Talk as a Verizon BYOP.

As far as the nano sim goes all you have to do is cut down your sim to make it fit. That's what I've done in the past. Just be careful and take your time to trim it. I'm responding to one of your other posts where you were asking about keeping your unlimited plan.