Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bizzaregood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
MA, US
So in the Past line A (Mine) has not been able to be upgraded so i used line B (my fathers). That was done for my 3GS. Now the iphone 4 is out, line A is able to be upgraded (which is happening), but line B is not. that is the problem heres my ideas.

Line C, or D (mother/sisters) line is upgraded and swapped out for line B.

Issues is, C or D will be using iphone 3G's and will not support the new microsim, and the old SIM from line B wont fit into the iphone 4.

Solution( which i need your ideas on). Do the whole setup, upgrade the "wrong line" C, go to an ATT store, say they (C) have decided to go back to the old phone and are giving the new iphone 4 to line B, and we need new SIM cards activated.

Is this doable ?

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Worst case, you can go to the nearest AT&T store and do a swap on sim cards. They give them to you for free. I just want to avoid this though.

bizzaregood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
MA, US
Are you doing the same??

I figure ATT stores will be so busy and id rather not have to deal with more then needed. I doubt apple can upgrade that line and then activate the phone with a different. (btw we are on a family plan) . I know for the 3GS when we were having problems the person said sorry, laughed saying well att restricts us in what power we have, we can activate the phone and see your name, thats about it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.