Activating iPhone 2G Broken Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by solid0mike, Feb 16, 2011.

1. solid0mike macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have a iPhone 4 with the 2GB cap plan, and wanted to try the iPhone 2G unlimited data trick.
    Now, my brother has the original iPhone 2G, he lives in Cali, I live in TX. so before he goes through the hasel of sending it to me, I wanted to make sure I can activate it.

I have a micro-sim/regular sim adapter, so swapping them wont be a problem. The problem is, his LCD on the iPhone 2G is broken, he says something about a digitizer. Since I have no need for the phone itself, just to do the trick, am I able to activate my sim with his iphone through itunes NOT using the screen? or do I actually have to have a working iphone screen to do this?

He has it unlocked for tmobile, but I'm sure I can restore it back to regular mode using itunes since that doesn't require the screen.
    Thank you

2. coorspate macrumors regular

coorspate

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes. From what I've read it will still work.