Activating iPhone 2g withouth SIM

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacLilja, Dec 3, 2015.

1. MacLilja macrumors regular

OK, starting a new thread because all the older one seems to have instructions to programs that I can't download today ie. the instructions are to old.

Here is what I know:
    - An first genereation iPhone
    - I need a SIM to activate it, I don't have it and I live in Sweden so I can't call AT&T to get one (if that is even possible any more.

What I want:
    - I want to get around the activation of the iPhone. Now I'm stuck where it says that I should connect to iTunes. If I do with a Swedish SIM it says that it's an unsupported SIM and if I do without a SIM it says it can't complete my activation at this time.

What I need:
    - Someone who can tell me how to solve this. I have tried this guide http://ihelpcorner.com/hacktivateiphoneHD but when I try to add the ipsw file Redsnow says it's not supported in thie version of Redsnow even though I'm using the version that's used in the video.

Any help appriciated! Thanks!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. MacLilja, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

The same guide I used and the fireware you linked to? Or the guides that is on the site you link to? And if so, which?

4. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

The problems for me is that if I try the Redsnow version I can't download all the files BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 and if I use Redsnow alone it says the ipsw file isn't supported.

And the Spirit one I can't use because to use it your phone can't be stuck on the activaton which mine is.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I just selected each option and ended up on a page that guides you through with the relivant links to grab the relivant files.

6. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

I found a guide that worked when I ran it on my old Win XP computer.

Now it's unlocked and the next move is to downgrade it to IOS 1.0 :)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's not going to happen.
    I heard the lower people were able to get it was 1.1.4 but it's a real pain and many many hoops to jump thru to get it as low.

8. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

I will honestly be sort of surprised if OP gets it all to work. The software is so old now and not many people know about it anymore. It won't be easy.

But if OP can get it to work, I would be curious to know :). You should keep us posted.

I have an original iPhone on iOS 1.1.4. It's a fun thing to show people :).

9. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

I would love to have an original iPhone again that was probably one of my most favorite phones I've ever owned.

10. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I wish I still had mine. But my sisters father in law sat on it.

11. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

There are guides that claim to do the trick so. I will try and keep you updated.

BTW is there a big difference between 1.0 and 1.1.4?

12. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

I don't remember anymore. 1.1.4 looks pretty old to me. My guess is 1.1.4 is hard to get to now and 1.0 is impossible. That may be the biggest difference.

13. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I have more or less given up. I came to 3.0 and then when I was supposed to use iTunes 7.5 it didn't recognize the phone and I was stuck.