Activating Iphone 4 (ROGERS) microsim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by val23, Oct 21, 2010.

1. val23 macrumors member

Hi All,
    I have a question about activating my iphone 4. I currently use an Iphone 3G with the regular sim card and have yet to activate the iphone 4 with the microsim. My question is... do I do this online through the rogers website or via phone through a customer service rep. And if I activate the microsim, what will happen to my current sim card? Will it be deactivated automatically and if so, will I not be able to operate my old Iphone 3g?

THANKS!!!

2. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

I'm on Fido, but I did the same. I ordered an unlocked iPhone 4 straight from Apple, then ordered a microSIM froim Fido. I activated the new microSIM through the Fido website; the old SIM was deactivated. I could swap the microSIM back and forth between my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 3G by putting it an an adaptor, then putting the adaptor in the 3G.

From the Rogers iPhone 4 page, instructions on activating a new microSIM online:
    Click 'Learn more' under 'The micro-SIM card for iPhone 4'.

3. cchan macrumors newbie

Wonder do you have to pay to order the new Micro Sim card? Thanks.

4. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

I paid $10 plus HST. However, I'm on Fido, and that was taken out of my "FidoDollars", so I didn't pay any real money at the time.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, obviously once you activate the new sim the old one will deactivate.
    You cant have both active. You can do it either online or by calling customer support, up to you.
    You could still use your iphone 3G by getting a microsim adapter whenever you want to switch from the iphone 4 to any other cellphone that takes regural size simcards.