Activating iPhone 4 through another persons iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacTarded, Sep 2, 2010.

1. MacTarded macrumors newbie

I am currently on deployment and received an iPhone 4 to use as soon as I hit the first US territory that I come to. I went to plug it into my iTunes on my MacBook and was hit with the prompt that it's required to use MAC OS X 10.5 and above. I'm still running MAC OS X 10.4.11. I have a new MacBook Pro awaiting my arrival at home and am wondering if I am able to plug it into my buddies MacBook here just to do the required registration. Will this pose a problem when I get home and sync it with my own MacBook? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Should be fine. Lots of people get their phone's activated on something other than their own computer.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Activation on another computer isn't a problem. If you bought your iPhone 4 in an Apple Store, they'd activate it one of their Macs at the front of the store before you left.

... just make sure you don't set your iPhone up to sync with your buddies computer and you should be fine. Or set it up to sync with his, and just be aware that when you get back to your computer, it'll remove any apps/music of his.