Activating New 6+ (Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EW800, Sep 28, 2014.

1. EW800 macrumors 6502

Please forgive me for asking such a basic question. When my 6+ arrives tomorrow from Verizon, it will be my first time going from one iPhone to another.

Would the 6+ be coming already programmed for my number? Is it basically just a matter of turning on the phone and it will take over my number or does it basically come dumb and I will need to activate my number to it?

I am fully backed-up via iCloud. Is it generally best to do a restore from iCloud or is there an advantage to trying to do a clean install? I believe I could just start from square one if that is best, other than contacts. I have about 250+ contacts that will need to be transferred over, one way or another.

Thank you!

2. JuNxXxReY macrumors regular

When you get your phone, you'll go through an activation process. When you go through the process, your new phone will be programmed for your number.

Some say it's better to do a clean install. Personally, I've never ran into any issues.

Backing up from iCloud can take a long time. You might want to back up your old phone via iTunes (make sure you back up your apps also). It'll take a lot less time.

3. EW800 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! I will do an iTunes back up today. Thanks again!