Activating New iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sbebenelli, Sep 16, 2016.

1. sbebenelli macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2014
    For the 1st time ever I ordered a iPhone online through the Apple upgrade program. I have Verizon. When I get the phone what will I need to do to activate it? Do I use the sim card from my old iPhone? Do I need to call Verizon?

Thank you in advance for the help.
  2. Samantha124 macrumors regular

Dec 21, 2015
    I just had to call Verizon. I called tech support (which I recommend the regular CS guy was clueless he wanted me to go to a store). The phone wouldn't activate without calling unfortunately i was getting an error. I used the sim that was already in the iphone so im not sure if you should use the old one.
  3. wicker21 macrumors member

Jun 27, 2010
    Just take the sim card out of the old phone and put it into the new one. It should activate without any issue.

I did this this morning and did not have any trouble on T-Mobile.
  4. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2008
    I popped the old SIM out and popped it in the phone. Once it "activated" it said Verizon LTE. Of course, I was using wifi, too. Once I was out of range for wifi (I had to run back to the Apple Store cuz I ordered i7 cases instead of i7+ and didn't realize until I went to put it on) that I had no data. So I stopped at VZW and they fixed it.
  5. benboy12 macrumors regular

Apr 5, 2014
    I got an error message as well. I had to contact customer support (I used the online chat). It looks like a pending plan change that was blocking the activation.