Activating Verizon iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickyno, Oct 13, 2011.

1. nickyno macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2011
    When I receive my iPhone from UPS tomorrow, what do I do? I've activated other phones on my account from Verizon before, but that requires calling and connecting with a Verizon rep and reading numbers (and getting suckered out of an Unlimited Data plan...[but hey, I got a free upgrade out of it]).

Is there some other way I can activate my phone without talking to a person. I assume Verizon's lines will take forever to connect to tomorrow, so I'd prefer not to wait.
  2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Aug 26, 2011
  3. jonter19 macrumors member

Jan 17, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it's anything like the Verizon iPhone 4, everything is done through iTunes.

No need to call Verizon.
  4. xdbuix macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2008
    if u want applecare plus, be sure not to open it and take it to the store, fyi. I was told u can take it to the store up until nov 14, but its always better it show them an unopened 4s versus an opened one.
  5. Zeisen55 macrumors member

Aug 8, 2011
    if i remember correctly, there is a number to call to activate the phone, but you do not need to speak with a verizon rep. you just call to activate.
  6. PoitNarf, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

PoitNarf macrumors 65816

May 28, 2007
    Northern NJ
    All iPhones activate through iTunes. /end thread

Edit: Actually forgot that iOS 5 will just activate from the iPhone itself. So either through iTunes or through the iPhone itself: