Activating Verizon iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickyno, Oct 13, 2011.

1. nickyno macrumors newbie

When I receive my iPhone from UPS tomorrow, what do I do? I've activated other phones on my account from Verizon before, but that requires calling and connecting with a Verizon rep and reading numbers (and getting suckered out of an Unlimited Data plan...[but hey, I got a free upgrade out of it]).

Is there some other way I can activate my phone without talking to a person. I assume Verizon's lines will take forever to connect to tomorrow, so I'd prefer not to wait.

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

3. jonter19 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it's anything like the Verizon iPhone 4, everything is done through iTunes.

No need to call Verizon.

4. xdbuix macrumors 6502

if u want applecare plus, be sure not to open it and take it to the store, fyi. I was told u can take it to the store up until nov 14, but its always better it show them an unopened 4s versus an opened one.

5. Zeisen55 macrumors member

if i remember correctly, there is a number to call to activate the phone, but you do not need to speak with a verizon rep. you just call to activate.

6. PoitNarf, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

All iPhones activate through iTunes. /end thread

Edit: Actually forgot that iOS 5 will just activate from the iPhone itself. So either through iTunes or through the iPhone itself: http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html#pcfree