activation at the apple store?...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicolecat, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Okay, I have a friend that works for at&t...and I want him to get the credit for activation. But his store is nowhere near here.

Should I go ahead and have him do all nitty gritty today or tomorrow...to set up my new account? If I do this can I just take the info to the apple store and buy my iphone...and the activation credit would still go to his store?

Confused. :confused:

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If you can convince the person at your store to give his comission to your friend...

3. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

...because I realize that it has to be activated right then and there. But, I want him to have the activation credit...does anyone know what I'm talking about?

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Go to his store then.

5. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Okay...I'm not talking about commission. When the account is opened...the person that sets it up is the one that gets the credit, right?

So, if I were to set up the at&t account for two iphones...with the credit check and what-not already out of the way. The original employee should get the credit.

Now the commission from the iphone is completely different...and I understand that he couldn't possibly get that.

:p

6. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I guess I am...in a way talking about commission.

Here....

Is the commission from setting up the account separate from purchasing the iphone (if done in different stores)?

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yes, I believe. I had a friend who worked at Radioshack and they gave commission for selling a plan AND for selling a phone. So I guess if you signed up for a plan at your friends store and then went to an applestore to get your phone (For the unsubsidized price) you'd be able to do just that. :D

8. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

So, why would I have to pay the unsubsidized price being a new customer?

9. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If you sign up for your plan prior to getting the phone, you are no longer signing up when purchasing the phone and not a new customer.

I guess if you signed up for your plan with your friend and they didn't give you ANY phone. No free one no nothing. You may still qualify, but I doubt AT&T would let that fly.

10. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

There are rumors that AT&T is paying a commission to Apple for all iPhones sold in Apple Stores.

The only way to make sure he gets credit is to go to his store and buy it. I doubt he will get credit for setting it up and then having you go buy and activate it somewhere else.

11. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

The only way you could give him the credit is for you to go to his store and have him help you with the whole deal.

If you don't, there's no way to give him the credit and of course it SHOULD be that way. Why should your friend be paid (or given points) for someone elses work (and the one who helped you wouldn't)..?

This could be one of those: think before you ask..

12. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Well, certain items do have dual commision...

and I thought it to be a perfectly legitimate question to ask if the set-up commission might be seperate from the actual phone purchase.

:eek: Go figure, I'm actually curious.

13. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I can come up with questions all day long...and if someone wanted to know something that I knew then i would most definitely offer up that information.

I would never deter someone from learning something new. :rolleyes: