Activation cost for new S4 watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Teride, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Teride macrumors regular

Teride

Hi---I currently have a S3 LTE AW & just wondering when I get my new watch can I just switch the watches on my account to add the new & delete the old or will I receive another activation cost?

2. jjk454ss, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I was just here looking to see if you have an activation fee for a new watch, did you pay an activation fee when you activated your old watch? Is the activation free and you just pay the 9.99 a month?

3. Nacket macrumors member

Nacket

I got my S3 LTE AW on launch day last year. There was a promotion that waived the activation fee and first three months of the line service fee. I went to activate my S4 LTE yesterday through Verizon, but it very clearly stated to me that I would be charged a $30 upgrade fee. You can call your carrier to see if you can convince them to drop the fee, but YMMV.

4. profets macrumors 601

In Canada I’m on Bell, and when switching from cellular Series 3 to Series 4 I got this nice little surprise. Essentially a $10 fee to swap SIM from one watch to the next. Overall can’t complain given that Bell is $5/month for cell service and else where I see it at $10/month and up.

BD1DBD90-0459-4E33-B609-52FC3DAE4672.jpeg

5. Teride thread starter macrumors regular

Teride

I called ATT and they said they would waive the activation fee....we’ll see if that happens on Monday!

6. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

Same here im with Bell and also got charged 10$ to move service from my S3 to S4. Won’t complain either Im surprised how well it went to switch service, i thought it was gonna be a nightmare lol

7. profets macrumors 601

Agreed. Just gave me a bit of a nightmare thinking about the future when everything uses eSIM and we’re getting charged $10 every time we want to swap device (when currently we would just take the SIM card out of one device and put it in another).

8. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

That is a good point, were going backwards , like the old CDMA times