activation,deactivation isssue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lilhig, Jan 27, 2008.

1. lilhig macrumors newbie

I activated my iphone then deactivated it within 1 hour due to contract termination fees on my old phone. Called att and was told there would be no charges. Received a bill for $268 shortly after that. Called att. Rep said I must return phone to reverse charges. Called att again. 2nd rep reversed charges, said nothing about returning the phone.

Does anyone know if att will continue to send bills for monthly service on deactivated phone. Does one have to return it? Can I activate it later or use the month to month workaround or jailbreak it? Should I just return it and start over?

Any help is much appreciated!

2. jeffmc macrumors 6502

AT&T and most other cell providers give you 2 weeks to cancel service for any reason and still remain exempt from any termination fees.

There shouldn't be a termination fee, they may charge you a few bucks in activation and that one hour you had a contract.

AT&T also does not deal with the phone at all. You do not NEED to return it. Your only options are to sell it as is, or to return it to an
    Apple Store (10% re-stocking fee will apply)