Activation Help Required

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apara2391, Dec 4, 2011.

1. apara2391 macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 4 [ Firmware: 4.3.5 BaseBand: 04.10.01] and it is locked to Orange T-mobile UK. The phone is still not activated so it needs to be activated with an orange simcard. Now the problem is this, I dont live in UK and so I dont have an orange simcard. I was thinking will it work if I buy an orange sim card from ebay put it in the phone and activate it with itunes from my location which is outside UK ?? Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Use Redsn0w to hactivate it so it will by pass this activation/emergency screen.

3. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do I need the original sim or I can use my local simcard ? [Or do I need a special sim]

Thank you very much for your help.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You do not need a sim card to hactivate with Redsn0w. However, this only allow you to access to the phone. If you want to use the phone with other GSM sims, then you will have to unlock your phone.

5. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I just use redsnow to hacktivate it, then I can access the springboard so technically speaking I can jailbreak it and install cydia and eventually unlock it. Is this correct ?

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

When using redsn0w to jailbreak/hactivate it you can access to the phone. However, like I said, you can't unlock this phone with software because there isn't one exists. You have 2 options to unlock this phone.

1. Call Orange to see if they can unlock it for you.
    2. If option #1 is not working, then Gevey(turbo) sim is your only option to unlock this phone.

Also, please note that because you have a 4.3.5 and when jailbreaking it, you will have a tethered jailbreak that means you will have to use Redsn0w to boot up your phone every time it is reboot.

7. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your help. By any chance do you have any links for tutorials about hacktivation and jailbreaking ?

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

9. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yes!

11. apara2391, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

One last question :) When I hold down shift key I don't see any Restore. I must restore it or can I not restore it and continue with the tutorial normally ?

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

No, you don't need to restore it.

13. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much !:)

14. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done exactly as told by the tutorial, I booted it using redsnow but it still asks for activation :/

15. apara2391 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any other method that I can use in order to activate a locked phone without a supported simcard ?:apple: