Activation help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trlyka, Dec 2, 2014.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I just got my new iPhone 6 and I put in my old 5 SIM and restored from iTunes backup. How do I activate it? Thanks

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

beats me !!!!

it should of activated!!!

erase iphone 6 and start over

erase iphone
    turn off iPhone 6
    eject sim
    turn on iPhone 6
    wait for it to say insert sim
    put sim in
    do the setup
    connect to wifi

at this point it should activate off of apple's servers and then you restore from backup and it should just work

3. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I did an online chat with AT&T and I guess I wasn't supposed to use my SIM from my old iPhone :rolleyes: She helped me and now I'm good to go :)

Thanks

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

they just do that so you have to give them $35 for activation!!! i hate that
    we should be able to use the old sims

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The "old" SIMs do work, at least when used in unlocked phones direct from Apple. When my husband's unlocked T Mobile phone arrived a week or so ago, all we did was switch the SIM in from his still locked under contract AT&T iPhone 5. ZERO issues, the new phone worked right away and he's had no problems with service.

So I'm a bit surprised that the OP's phone didn't simply activate.

6. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

he likely bought it from the AT&T store with a new 2 year agreement or payments

you want to hear something really crazy? if you have not heard already. if you stick a pre-activated verizon sim in an unlocked iPhone 6, it works, and it becomes a verizon phone and CDMA calling works. and all the other features work as well like VoLTE and Vsiaul voice mail.

but verizon won't like your meid