Activation help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dookiepower, Jul 9, 2008.

1. dookiepower macrumors newbie

So we are all excited for Friday, going to be camping out in Walnut Creek CA for 16gb white. My question is when I go to the counter to buy it, I am not the Primary name on my ATT account, My father is (I am 18).. I saw on the front page that is said you need ID,Social, Credit card. I have MY ID and My Credit card.. But, because he is the primary name on the Account Does he have to be the one to buy it? I have his SSN if that is the issue, but regardless of that will they tell me that he has to be there because he is the primary name even though its for my phone line? I am a previous Iphone owner as well, wishing that it was as easy to buy 3g iphone as it was the original. Thanks for all your help..

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Your father needs to be with you at the time of activation.

3. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

If you are an authorized user you are ok.

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

From what I would assume, the point of the ID is to match the SSN (but I could be wrong), so you probably would need to have him there if he is the person that is billed for the account.

5. dookiepower thread starter macrumors newbie

^^ Thats what I was thinking, If you are on the list as a authorized user it wouldn't matter. And all you have to do is call in and add someone as an authorized user correct?

6. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

The ID is to match to CC

7. dookiepower thread starter macrumors newbie

On the ATT website, I am a "Primary User" does that mean the same thing as an "Authorized User"? Or does it all depend on the Name on the Bill?
    Update:
    I Found the area on the ATT website "Add Authorized User" I have now added myself to that, should that clear up any problems now?

8. dangoland macrumors member

That should clear up your problem. A couple years back I was authorized by phone to make changes to our plan, and just recently I saw my name in the authorized section of our online account. So, yes, that should be enough.