Activation info

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mreddys10, May 10, 2010.

1. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I was wondering if you can activate an iPhone 3GS with an original SIM that is currently inactive. I paid full price for an iPhone, and started a month-month plan, but then discontinued that connection, and now I am left with an inactive SIM.

I am trying to activate my phone. I can get to the springboard and everything, but on my lockscreen, I get a message saying: 'Waiting for activation' and 'no service' on the top-left.
    Isn't activation done through iTunes? I connected it to my iTunes, and I still get the same message. I need the activation to use Spirit.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Put the sim in, connect to iTunes, wait 5 seconds, done, take sim out (if desired).

3. mreddys10 thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what I did, and I still get the same message.

4. mreddys10 thread starter macrumors regular

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

When you restored, you didn't hacktivate it by chance ?

Do you have an Internet connection ?

Is it the correct sim for phone ?

Could the sim have gone bad during storage ? You do read of this occasionally.

That's all I can think of.

6. mreddys10 thread starter macrumors regular

No hacktivation. Its probably the SIM thats gone bad. But the phone is still recognizing it as the correct SIM (or it won't even let me enter springboard). And yes, I was connected to the net when I did the restore.

This really sucks. My only options are to get a Rogers SIM from Canada, or wait for the next JB and hope there is hacktivation in that.