Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
So I tried doing a remote wipe of my iPhone and it went through okay and everything and now my iPhone is waiting to be activated by my Apple ID.

My new erased iPhone doesn't show up in Find my iPhone....

Don't you think that Activation Lock should ping find my iPhone and show up on the map?

So when someone restores it you can see exactly where it is?

Just my thoughts

Ethan

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
But don't it ask for activation ID and password before you connect to wifi ? I can't recall which is asked first

No, it asks for wifi first. Then it goes to Activation Lock. Then it asks for Apple ID to sign into iCloud.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
No, it asks for wifi first. Then it goes to Activation Lock. Then it asks for Apple ID to sign into iCloud.

I see, than maybe it would be something to look for on the 10th :) I live the way you can disable location service, ping the device from iCloud.com and it turns location on auto ;) so maybe it will do it for fresh installed locked devices :p

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
I see, than maybe it would be something to look for on the 10th :) I live the way you can disable location service, ping the device from iCloud.com and it turns location on auto ;) so maybe it will do it for fresh installed locked devices :p

It doesn't so far :( I keep trying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.