Activation lock SIM iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4usa, May 21, 2017.

1. iphone4usa macrumors newbie

Hello I have iPhone locked on UK carrier (iCloud is logout). I did restore and now I need to activate iPhone. I am NOT in UK and I would like to ask, if I would buy NON activated pay as you go SIM card of UK carrier, would activation work in different country and with never used SIM?

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, since the iphone is carrier locked it will only work on that one UK carrier that its locked to.
    It will not work with any other carriers sim card.
    If you get a sim card from the carrier that its locked to it will activate and let you into the home screen so you can use it an ipod touch.
    Once you put any other carriers sim inside it will not work with any other wireless provider unless you get it unlocked.

3. iphone4usa thread starter macrumors newbie

I know it, that will work only with that one carrier. My question is mainly on it if I will buy non activated pay as you go SIM card this one carrier (on which is phone locked) will activation work if I am not in UK and activation process would be first using for this SIM..?? I want to you this phone as iPod+GPS...

4. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

It should work ok as it's locked to the carrier, not the number.

5. iphone4usa thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, my affraid is how iphone checking the SIM. If someway "know" that this is SIM allowed carrier or if is necessary to log the SIM to carrier site (there could by problem if would be never actovated SIM and outside of UK=>roaming)...?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, it will work with any sim from the carrier its locked to.
    You can activate it in China or anywhere, it doesnt really matter.
    The sim could be deactivated and nonworking. It will let you in the homescreen and you could then use it as an ipod touch.

7. iphone4usa thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, that I wanted to know. Thank you