iPad activation lock

Discussion in 'iPad' started by numereau1, Nov 19, 2016.

1. numereau1 macrumors newbie

numereau1

I have an iPad i gave to my sister in law who is an elder, I factory reset it for her and set it up for her as I didn't want to leave it under my account and leave my personal "stuff" on it, after a couple of months she asked me to take it back as she wasn't interested in learning how to use it let alone use it, so I did but when I attempted to reactivate it is activation lock and she can't find the info I gave her in regards to her password and user name I had marked down for her when I set it up, the bottom line is all activation locked devices are not stollen and some people actually do end up losing there devices due to this policy. I would not want this to happen to anyone else or would i like to see an actual stollen one get unlocked.
    I have no other choice but to accept the loss as there is no other coarse of action I can take to activate it but it is never the less frustrating, it's a 3rd generation iPad paperweight now.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

Contact Apple. They will happily unlock your activation lock iPad once you show proof of purchase. It is very easy to do if purchased directly from Apple.