Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebrocode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I forgot to restore before updating to iOS 7 beta without UDID registration and now I'm stuck on the iOS 7 Activation Page on my iPhone. If I buy a UDID registration, will I be able to pass the activation page?

Thanks a lot, this is crucial for me!

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Isnt it illegal to do that ? I thought you had own an actual developers account to use the beta (legally)

My friend is a developer and offered to add me as a beta tester on his account but I haven't done it because I'm sure its not right to do so...

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Isnt it illegal to do that ? I thought you had own an actual developers account to use the beta (legally)

My friend is a developer and offered to add me as a beta tester on his account but I haven't done it because I'm sure its not right to do so...

As long as you're attached to a devs account, whether you paid for the account or have your UDID registered on one, I think it's legal. Why would Apple let devs register UDIDs if it were illegal?

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Well I thought registering using that method which means you don't need a UDID registration is illegal.

I thought it was illegal for developers to register devices that do not belong to them to their account.

For example if my friend who has his own dev account registered me on their so I could access beta's etc I would have thought this is against some licensing ?

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I forgot to restore before updating to iOS 7 beta without UDID registration and now I'm stuck on the iOS 7 Activation Page on my iPhone. If I buy a UDID registration, will I be able to pass the activation page?

Thanks a lot, this is crucial for me!

Put your phone into DFU mode and restore in iTunes to 6.1.3/4 and upgrade again.

ingkingsu

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
I'm stuck at activation.

Guys, I tried to update to ios 7 but i accidentally pressed the restore button instead of check for update. How do I by pass the activation part or how do i restore it. Cause I can't even view my own profile now in itunes. It's showing like "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal."

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
If you've installed iOS7 via the Restore option and your UDID is not registed then your only option is DFU mode.

This. If you have an unregistered UDID, you should have updated your phone to ios7 not restored.

asdfghjk123

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
please please help ios7

PLEASE HELP!! So I tried to update to ios 7 but accidentally pressed the restore button instead of check for update. How do I by pass the activation part or how do i restore it. I can't even view my own profile now in itunes. It's showing like "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program. If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal thing..... and my power button doesn't work so i have no way of putting it in DFU mode :(

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
As long as you're attached to a devs account, whether you paid for the account or have your UDID registered on one, I think it's legal. Why would Apple let devs register UDIDs if it were illegal?

Actually it is a violation of the developers terms to attach random UDIDs or to 'sell' them. You can be kicked out of the whole program and all registered UDIDs banned from further beta activations.

----------

PLEASE HELP!! So I tried to update to ios 7 but accidentally pressed the restore button instead of check for update. How do I by pass the activation part or how do i restore it. I can't even view my own profile now in itunes. It's showing like "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program. If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal thing..... and my power button doesn't work so i have no way of putting it in DFU mode :(

Hate to say it but you are screwed. Part of the whole developer program terms is that you forfeit service at Apple Stores or via Apple Care.

I suppose you could 'accidentally' drop your phone in the sink and short it out. Just keep your mouth shut about the iOS 7 part.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Well I thought registering using that method which means you don't need a UDID registration is illegal.

I thought it was illegal for developers to register devices that do not belong to them to their account.

For example if my friend who has his own dev account registered me on their so I could access beta's etc I would have thought this is against some licensing ?

It's meant as a way for developers to allow the rest of their team to use the beta in order to test apps.

Northernist

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013
You can use a tool like TinyUmbrella to enter DFU mode without using the home/lock button.

Actually it is a violation of the developers terms to attach random UDIDs or to 'sell' them. You can be kicked out of the whole program and all registered UDIDs banned from further beta activations.

----------

Hate to say it but you are screwed. Part of the whole developer program terms is that you forfeit service at Apple Stores or via Apple Care.

I suppose you could 'accidentally' drop your phone in the sink and short it out. Just keep your mouth shut about the iOS 7 part.

This kind of thing is extremely annoying because it's a complete abuse of the warranty terms.

Also, it is not illegal to have UDIDs registered for devices that are not personally yours. It's sometimes used as a tool to help test apps. It IS illegal to sell the slots.

asdfghjk123

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
You can use a tool like TinyUmbrella to enter DFU mode without using the home/lock button.

so i did the tinyumbrella and it went to recovery mode and everything but this error pops up.. what do i do?
ssss.JPG

alextsai

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Yes, but you may not have to. If you directly update iOS 6 to 7, UDID registration is not required. You can enter DFU mode to restore iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.