Activation on one computer, sync with another

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by t56camaro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. t56camaro macrumors newbie

This is my first post, just joined up today, so hi everybody. And I've got a couple questions right off the bat.

First, I'm away from home at college, but I'm in a family plan on T-mobile with my parents. When we make the switch over to att, I'm going to go back home during a weekend and buy my iphone. Obviously I'm not going to want to wait until I get back to my desktop at my place to activate the phone, so my question is, if I use my dad's computer just for activation, will I be able to sync everything (music, calender, etc) with my own computer later? Or does the iphone "bond" to whatever computer activates it?

Second, will a family plan with unlimited text messages give the iphone unlimited text too, or does it stay with its own 200 unless you pay seperately for more?

That should do it. Thanks for the help

2. JHipp macrumors member

1) Yes, your phone will act just like an iPod and allow you to sync with another library, wiping what was previously on it.

2) Yes, I am on a Family Plan with unlimited texting and have had no problems.

Enjoy

3. t56camaro thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You may want to add Family...

Text Plan with unlimited text for $29.99 per month. You'll still have your 200 basic iPhone text msgs, but you'll have unlimited text as well (unlimited text applies to everyone on your Family Plan). At present, if you go over your 200 limit, you'll be charged .10 cents per text and if you don't catch it in time (AT&T bills one month in advance) the bill can be an additional $75 per month and it won't catch up with you until you receive your bill two months down the road. Get the Family Unlimited Text Package, "don't pay the piper!" :cool: