Activation Problem (UDID is Registrated!)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tarasmuz, Jun 28, 2013.

1. tarasmuz macrumors newbie

Hello,

Yesterday my iOS 7 Beta crashed. I restarted my iPhone and I was stuck on the spinning circle. I deciede to turn the phone OFF and while pressing the HOME button connect it to my iTunes. iTunes found it and I restored Beta 2 by holding alt+clicking the restore button. Now iOS 7 Beta 2 is instelled, but the phone says Activation Error. I was using THIS phone when iOS 7 crashed. My UDID is definitely registrated! I was using it before and I had no issues. Any help?

2. tarasmuz thread starter macrumors newbie

I made it thought. Turn your phone OFF>Then Press the home button and plug it in>Downgrade to 6.1.4>Update to 7.0 Beta 2>Download all apps.

3. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Just for future reference:

To get your UDID:

Launch System Profiler (it's in the Utilities Folder or just hit Spotlight and start typing)
    Under Hardware in the sidebar, go down to USB
    In the top right pane, go to USB High Speed Bus. If you have a MacBook or iMac, the first one is usually the iSight/FaceTime camera, so open the second to find your iPhone or iPad
    Click on your device
    In the bottom pane, look for the serial number. That's the UDID.
    Copy and paste it
    Head back to developer.apple.com and add it to your authorized device list

4. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Or you can just hold the option key on the keyboard and click on the serial number of the device in iTunes.

5. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

That doesn't work if the phone is deactivated.

6. levkaizer macrumors newbie

Thank you! This was exactly what I needed to get my device registered. That's the last time I'll forget that step.