Carrier Activation required on screen every morning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arnezie, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Every morning I wake up to activation required on my screen the other night when I woke up in the middle of the night on the screen it said there was an error with the SIM card. I had my iPhone replaced a week ago under AppleCare. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Looks like you need either another iPhone or a new SIM card. Try cleaning the chip first though

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

It looks like the replacement phone you received was not properly unlocked like your original was. For example. You purchased an AT&T iPhone and had it unlocked at some point before using it on T-Mobile. For whatever reason, you have the phone replaced (I'm assuming at the Apple Store?) and you receive a replacement AT&T model iPhone. Usually, the replacement is supposed to mimick the unlock status of the previous phone, but in this case something didn't go right.

You'll need to contact the carrier whose model iPhone you have and request an unlock. Alternatively, you can go back to the store and see what they can do.

4. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I got the replacement from Apple through my AppleCare and it's a Verizon a 1549 , I took the Sim card out when I got that message it's clean and appears to be undamaged

5. itsray macrumors 6502

like what was said before. you probably originally bought a phone tied to verizon. so after you had verizon unlock it, it was fine for mobile. but apple replaces with the model you purchased. so still tied to veriazon. just call t-mobile to have them unlock it. should be fine

6. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I never said I'm on T-Mobile I'm on Verizon and its a Verizon phone being used on Verizon. I did a backup restore so hopefully that fixes it but I have no idea what the issue is.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try replacing the SIM card.
    If it still does it bring it back to Apple to have the phone replaced.
    It's a hardware issue.

8. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

9. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I'll try this next

10. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Apple didn't think it was a SIM card issue I have another replacement being overnighted to me. The guy with AppleCare thinks it's a hardware issue. Thanks to those that helped. Weird issue

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. Most likely it was the phone.
    The same sim never gave you that problem before on the other phone.

12. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok so here's an update, phone replaced and new phone doing same thing . Well after talking to apple and Verizon on the phone (no help) I went into the local Verizon store to get a new SIM card and the guy in there tells me he's seen no less than 3 dozen people come in over the last two weeks with the same issue. Something about apples latest iOS so when Verizon pings the phone the sim doesn't register correctly and it thinks it's the wrong SIM card. So I have a new Sim card and he said that seems to be solving the issue for a lot of people but who knows here we go again.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good info.
    Hope Verizon and Apple corrects it soon cause it sounds like a pain.

14. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

15. willmtaylor, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

16. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I'm not international, I'm using a stateside purchased Verizon iPhone on Verizon network. I've been round and round with Verizon and they are blaming Apple and 9.3.2 for the issue

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

While I realize you're stateside and the issue is most likely not the same, I thought it worth mentioning as the problems are similar in several respects. The blame game between VZW & APL being one of them.

18. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Copy that I understand your point now. I'm getting very frustrated with this issue and am not sure what my next move should be. Frustrated with apple and equally Verizon.

19. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Since it's a Verizon iPhone, it should be unlocked. Out of curiosity have you tried using a SIM card from another carrier to see if the same issue occurs? I think @willmtaylor is correct in suggesting it could be a setting somewhere on your account. Whether the issue is on Apple's side or Verizon's, I couldn't tell you.

20. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I have not tried another carrier SIM card and whether it worked or didn't would be of little comfort to me at this point. I've verified the SIM card number , serial number, imei # and reset network info so not sure what else they could have incorrect.

21. gadget8888 macrumors newbie

I would def. try an active sim card from either T-mobile or AT&T then go to settings and reset network settings and then put in verizon sim card and do the same again and see if that solves your problem.

22. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Again, I realize that it may not be the exact same issue, but my advice is to do something along these lines:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...nternational-use.1846197/page-9#post-22818184