Activation server cannot be reached

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iMas70, Sep 18, 2013.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

Erased my phone from beta and working on doing a clean install. I keep getting this message - 'Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iphone to itunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes'. - it has been over an hour of persistent failure, any tips?

I read on another forum that others were getting this message. Anyone here get it?

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

From what I have read I was lucky to only get it for an hour on the wife's phone, seen post where it's been 3 plus hours. Just keep hitting retry.

3. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm making some progress now. I ended up getting a message that said that I wasn't a developer so I had to connect to iTunes, hold down both buttons for about 10 seconds then keep holding down the home button a little longer. That got it to set up as new with the last version of iOS6 and now iOS7 is downloading.

4. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, the only place that I'm stuck at is restoring from iCloud.

Cannot restore backup
    The server is currently unavailable. Try again to finish setting up your iPhone.

Just need to restore from this evenings backup then I am all set.

5. RyanG macrumors 6502

6. streetskooler macrumors member

ya keep trying. took me about 1.5 hours today

7. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Plug your phone into iTunes. It'll say network error or something when trying to connect. Tap try again on your phone then unplug your usb cable then plug it back in.

9. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I plugged into my Mac and brought up iTunes. It said -

The iPhone “Tom's iPhone” cannot be used because it requires iTunes version 11.1 or later. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes.

So I just did that. Doing an update from there and hopefully it will give me the option to restore to my backup from this evening.