activation troubles

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by subxxx, Oct 13, 2011.

1. subxxx macrumors newbie

Hello,

i have a small problem with my iphone 4.. i used to use ios 4.3.5 with gevery and it worked perfectly, leaving the phone at home nd connected my brother updated to ios 5, and now i cant get passed the activation screen, i searched all over internet and i did try some tutorialslike the ones with press home button 3 times to get voice over etc but it doesnt work, and slidingmy3 fingers doesnt helpeither, whati would like to know is, if there is an solution for it.. i have the originalsimcard but what i dont know is the pin code,

2. toiday, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

toiday macrumors regular

I suppose you mean gevey sim. Sorry, the latest gevey sim will not work with iOS 5. I'm pretty sure that one of the iOS 5 objectives was to stop the use of the gevey sim. Who knows, the gevey sim people may come up with another work around soon. You may have to use an old version custom rom to be able to use your phone again. Look in to the Redmond Pie’s website for info.

3. subxxx thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks alot for the reply =) hmm i think i succesfully downgraded it back to 4.3.5 nd i was wondering if there was/is any way to bypass activation?

another question.. sorry =D
    is it possible to activate with a different simcard but from the same carrier eg T-Mobile...