Activations down since 11pm EST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashVID, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ashVID macrumors regular

Not sure if it is a local issue but confirmed by the Apple Store and AT&T in Nashville that activations are offline. Apple Store had to stop selling because they could not activate in store. My phone has been sitting here 90 minutes waiting for activation. Called AT&T and was told the system was down and it could take up to 48 hours to activate. FYI, no need to panic as I think the 48 hours is standard CSR talk. Hopefully fixed by morning.

FYI, Nashville store which had been hammered all day, just told me that the last 2 hours of being open there was no line at all (many people waited 5-7 hours in the reservation line).

ash =o)

2. mikew3st macrumors newbie

Yeah I just tried activating on iTunes, but it's not going through and it says activations are down. :(

3. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

actually took longer then I thought.. good luck guys and hope you will soon be able to activate

4. alana22 macrumors regular

I'm sure you're already doing this, but reboot your phone occasionally if you aren't already. I waited about an hour for my phone to activate, then rebooted and voila!

5. waiyippy macrumors newbie