Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sch11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
The latest version of Activator adds some new slide in gestures. I installed it, but I don't see any new gestures. Do they only work with IOS 5.0? Anyone know what the gestures are?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
The new gestures I saw were slide down from top left of screen, slide down from top right of screen (instead of only sliding down from status bar) and slide in from left side of screen and slide in from right side of screen.

The slide down from status bar left and right is kind of akward because that gesture still tries to pull down the notification bar as well but the bar goes back up right away since the gesture has been reassigned. Visually, doesn't look right.

Slide in from the left and right side of screen also slides the icon pages when I try and swipe. I also have a case on my phone so it's hard to grab the right or left side of the edge of the phone to swipe vertically.

sch11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Ah, that's what I was hoping they'd be! Any idea whether they work with IOS 4.1? I guess they don't, or I'd have seen them.

sch11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the new gestures working on IOS 4.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.